Holland Classis Seeks a Classis Coordinator/Stated Clerk
We are anticipating the retirement of our current Coordinator/Clerk and seeking someone to provide leadership for our next era of ministry and community.
Holland Classis, Reformed Church in America (RCA) – Holland, Michigan
Position: Holland Classis Coordinator/Clerk
Reports to: Classis Executive Committee
Schedule: Full time Salary with benefits
Mission and Vision of Holland Classis: Holland Classis is called by God, sustained by prayer, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to be the very presence of Christ in the Holland community. With the RCA, the Classis serves cooperatively the Holland community, proactively supports the ministries of the Classis and its churches (and settings for specialized ministry), and creatively sows new worshiping communities.
Role of Position: The Holland Classis Coordinator/Clerk will help the Holland Classis live out its mission and vision.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Profess a sincere faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrate a love and commitment to the Reformed Church in America
- Ordination as Minister of Word and Sacrament in The Reformed Church in America (preferred, not required)
- Skills in leadership development
- Interpersonal warmth
- Skills in organizational and administrative tasks
- Ability to work independently and with other leaders
- Good understanding of the RCA Book of Church Order
Essential Duties (Other duties may be assigned):
- Understand and perform the work of a Reformed Church in America Stated Clerk, including denominational responsibilities
- Assist the Classis Executive Committee in organization of the stated sessions of Classis
- Equip and encourage the efficient and productive functioning of Classis committees
- Encourage congregations and Classis members to develop relationships and collaborate with one another and with the broader church of Christ, in mission and service
- Maintain the Classis database and website
- In collaboration with the classis Treasurer and the Stewardship & Finance Committee, develop and propose an annual operating budget
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume and/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than midnight on Friday August 3, 2018.